Tuesday, April 3, 2012
(Yield 2 medium size loaf pan)
600g very ripe bananas, mashed
300g brown sugar (add more if you like, the original recipe called for 500g but for me 300g is just nice)
450g plain flour
25g baking soda
250ml canola oil
2 tbsp honey
8 handful of chopped roasted walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 170C
2) Line 2 medium size loaf pan with baking paper
3) Place all dry ingredients in a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment and mix ingredients until combined
4) Add in all the liquid ingredients and mixed until lump free
5) Pour into loaf pan and bake for about 1 hr 10 mins or until done. Use the toothpick method to check for doneness.
6) Let cool in pan about 25 mins. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
a) This recipe is pretty flexible hence if you do not have a mixer, dont despair, as it could all be mixed up in a big bowl, the outcome will just be as good!
b) If you do not have a fan force oven, its important to turn the pan around every 20-25 minutes to ensure the sides do not burn or brown too quickly.
c) To freeze, slice them and wrap them in a plastic wrap. Before serving, heat up in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
Posted by Private Kitchen Journey at 8:07 PM