After making momofuku style XO sauce, the remains on the wok appears flavoursome and instead of washing the wok, I can't help but used the`remains to cook up a simple dish for my lunch box for work - LOL. Not many ingredients really, I used whatever I had at home. Used just 3 ingredients and thats it. Recipe as follows - enjoy:
4 chicken drumstick
1 cup of sliced mushroom
A handful of Coriander, chopped
1) Heat up wok on medium high with remains of momofuku style XO sauce.
2) Saute chicken in the wok until slightly brown on both sides and chicken is coated with XO sauce remains.
3) Add mushrooms and again saute until it is well coated with XO sauce remains.
4) Reduce heat to low and cover wok with lid and let chicken and mushrooms to simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes. You should start seeing juices from chicken and mushrooms. Open lid and stir chicken and mushrooms.
5) Add about 1/2 cup water (more if its too dry for you), stir to incorporate. Cover lid with wok and let it simmer for another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender.
6) Add coriander and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. At this stage, you will have a finished product where chicken is tender and well coated with the sauce and there should not be much liquid remaining.
7) Serve warm on a bed of cooked rice and sprinkle some XO sauce on it - ENJOY!